PC: Windows 7 or higher operating system with network connectivity.
Mac: OS X or higher operating system with network connectivity.
To connect to Adelphi’s network if you live in the residence halls, you will need the following:
- Network CAT 5 minimum cable to connect your computer to the network wall jack in your room. Lengths vary so don’t buy one that’s too short for your dorm room layout (around 12 feet should be sufficient in most cases).
- Configure the computer for DHCP service. This will allow you to obtain an IP address from our Network Service.
- If you want to use the wireless coverage Adelphi provides, you need a wireless access card that supports 802.11 a/b/g/n.
Connecting Your Hub
Residential Computer Associates (RCAs)
Students who work for Adelphi IT can assist resident students with common technical issues. For example, if you are having trouble connecting to Adelphi’s network, RCAs can try to diagnose the problem on your computer. Get in contact with an RCA at email@example.com.
Please note that RCAs are not able to fix your computer’s hardware but will give you direction to aid you in getting your computer repaired.
Residential student using laptop in dorm room.
- First, plug the power cord into a wall socket.
- Then plug the other end into the back of the hub.
- You will see a green light on the left-hand side of the hub.
Connecting the hub to your computer:
- Plug your network cord into the wall jack.
- Then plug the other end of that cord into port #4. Ports 1, 2 and 3 are for plugging your computer devices into the network.
- Press in the power button on the hub and you will see the connection light turn on and a blinking link light. If you don’t, try pressing the button again to ensure that it is pressed down.
- If you do not get a link light please contact your RA or RHD.
- Plug the network cable into your computer.
- Then plug the other end of the cord into one of the other available ports.
Manuals on eCampus (log in with your AU username/password)
» Computer Registration in Residence Halls
» Connected Device Registration in Residence Halls
» Network Registration Troubleshooting – Windows
» Network Registration Troubleshooting – Apple
To report any problems with this service, please initiate your request with the Help Desk.