Google Profile Picture
Setting a professional-looking Google Profile photo of yourself will give your correspondences a personal touch.
Looking for tips on what makes a good profile photo? Check out this article.
Follow the steps below depending on what device you are using:
- Once you are logged in to your Gmail account, on the top right of the screen click the circle that has the first letter of your name.
- This will bring up a small box where you can access your account information, add a new account, or sign out.
- That same circle should now have some text that says “Change”, clicking on this will allow you to change your profile picture.
- A large box will pop up that allows you to select a profile picture.
- You will be given the option to drag a photo into the box, upload a photo from your computer, take a new photo with a webcam or add a photo from hangouts.
- Once you have selected a photo you can set that photo as your profile picture.
- Open up your Gmail app.
- Tap Menu on the top left of the screen.
- Tap Settings on the top right of the screen.
- Tap change photo on the top of your screen and then
- Tap save on the top right of the screen
- Access aboutme.google.com from your web broswer.
- Click on the circle in the middle of the screen with your initial/blue default person image.
- Upload or take a photo from your phone.
- Crop your photo as you would like it to appear and tap done.
Google also give you the option to change the visibility of your profile picture.
Note: Your Google Profile picture and your Chat/Hangout picture are managed separately.