Our team members perform database research, migration, maintenance and monitoring, data transfer.
IT provides database hosting and administration for SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL to Adelphi departments upon request. These services can be provided through a shared server environment or a dedicated server environment. The service offering includes the following:
- Installing and maintaining database management software.
- Backup and recovery measures to safeguard data.
- Monitoring and maintaining space usage within the database.
- Monitoring and maintaining availability and performance of the database.
- Provisioning and monitoring security measures within the database environment.
- Controlled production implementations
- Creating or re-creating new database instances where necessary.
- Collaborating with departments in maintaining databases where database administration (DBA) involvement is necessary.
- Assisting with database migrations through the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Creating user accounts for databases required in applications systems.
For assistance with database services in your department, please initiate your request with the Help Desk.